Position: Executive Assistant
Job Location: Frederick, MD
The Executive Assistant provides executive support for MidAtlantic IRA, LLC and related companies supporting the business needs of the company partners, and ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the office. The Executive Assistant is a responsible, dependable, business-minded individual capable of managing a multitude of diverse tasks while exercising good judgment and maintaining balance among multiple priorities. The position requires the highest level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Provides executive support for the company partners, handling all of their administrative support which may include personal errands and tasks.
- Manages calendars for the company partners including scheduling meetings, personal appointments, setting up conference calls, setting priorities for appointments, monitoring incoming emails requiring responses, etc.
- Ensures the partners are aware of work deadlines, meetings, guests, events and other obligations.
- Organizes travel arrangements on behalf of the company partners and other office employees.
- Coordinates on-site meetings including facility set-up, catering and preparing materials. Coordinates off-site conference participation, arranging travel and other arrangements.
- Greets office guests in person or on the telephone, answering or directing inquiries
- Provides receptionist support for office, routing telephone calls, taking accurate messages, and interacting with clients on account questions.
- Screens incoming mail and telephone calls for company partners, researching and responding to various inquiries while directing other inquiries to other appropriate employees.
- Deals effectively with difficult customers; conducts baseline troubleshooting on complaints. Follows standard complaint handling documentation and processing procedures. Escalates complaints to appropriate office personnel.
- Coordinates official correspondence and formal presentations.
- Participates in projects and initiatives as assigned by the company partners.
- Conduct basic research on a broad range of topics, as assigned.
- Performs a range of administrative tasks for MidAtlantic IRA, LLC and related companies including John F Kiley, CPA and Barnstorming Designs, Ltd. Examples of tasks include scanning and filing of client records, file maintenance, processing mail, new account form setup, client follow-up via phone or email, data entry of client information and invoices into company systems. Some tasks will need to be performed against short deadlines.
- Processes accounts payable, accounts receivable, and performs other collections and bookkeeping tasks for all related companies.
- Order and stock office supplies and maintain inventory
- Maintains confidential files and correspondence. Handles confidential, sensitive and proprietary company information appropriately at direction of company owners.
- Actively safeguards the security and privacy of client information, following all established compliance, security and privacy guidelines.
- Works collaboratively with all employees in the office.
- Demonstrates an understanding of others during stressful situations, employs appropriate interpersonal skills and empathy in interacting with others.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and in a timely manner
- May assist in training other administrative office personnel.
- Acts as knowledge resource for office employees regarding company systems and procedures.
- Interacts effectively with vendors at request of company owners.
- Runs occasional office errands to local vendors and service providers.
- Performs other related miscellaneous duties as needed.
- 5+ years prior executive and administrative support experience required. Bachelors degree strongly preferred.
- Spanish proficiency desirable.
- Schedule flexibility is required. Occasionally, there may be a need to work additional hours due to business need.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexible and adaptable to handle changing work assignments and volumes. Must be willing to pitch in as needed.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to balance priorities and complete tasks per deadlines, including some tasks due daily or intraday.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Friendly, courteous and professional customer service skills required to interact with clients via telephone and in person.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Able to interact effectively with other company employees on tasks and assignments.
- Able to work without close supervision, exercise independent judgment, and communicate effectively with high-level professionals where tact, diplomacy, and good judgment are essential.
- Reliable, prompt attendance.
- Team player supporting company goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required. Ability to learn additional software programs with direction. Knowledge of ACT and QuickBooks software applications a plus.
- Driver’s license required.
- Must sign a non-disclosure and confidentiality agreement.
- Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume. Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank all interested candidates for applying; however, we will only contact those applicants whose experience most closely matches our requirements.
About MidAtlantic IRA, LLC
MidAtlantic IRA, LLC is an IRA administration firm that offers a full range of self-directed retirement accounts including Traditional, Roth, SEP, Simple and Individual k Plans. Self-Directed IRAs from MidAtlantic IRA, LLC provides investors the freedom to invest their IRA monies in real estate, private stock placements, gold/silver, notes, oil/gas and other alternative investments. Started in 2004, MidAtlantic IRA, LLC is a growing firm dedicated to delivering superior service and IRA administration to its clientele. Please visit our website at www.midatlanticira.com.
MidAtlantic IRA, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.